KCSO Telemundo 33
Job Title: Video Editor
Edits and cuts all videos for the show, including headlines and teases.
Works closely with producers to better showcase the stories in the rundown.
Archives and files new footage obtained on a daily basis.
Records network feeds and daily air-checks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for newscasts and other programming.
· Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary.
· Trims filmed segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect.
· Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots.
· Sets up and operates computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product.
· Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
· Maintains editing equipment.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bilingual Spanish/English
· Proven working experience in video editing
· Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Final Cut Pro X. Avid)
· Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
· Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity etc.
· Creative mind and storytelling skills
Please send resume, Salary history and DVD or web link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serestar Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Serestar Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.